Be sure to check out our library catalog and place a hold on a book or two. Your library staff will deliver your selected titles to you English teacher. Please follow this link to Vicksburg High School's Destiny Discover Library Catalog
Remember, there are a number of free resources available to help you look up a fact, study for an exam or just find a good book to read. Explore!
E-Books for High School Readers
Below is a list of free e-book resources for Vicksburg Middle School. Each company has specific ways to log in to their websites. Please contact your Library Media Specialist : Margo Staunton at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Kids everywhere may instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids. All stories are FREE to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
E-book titles that support High School students across all subject areas. FOR BEST results use the ePub Full Text format on your Chromebook. Please DO NOT download the titles because the downloaded book format is not supported by your Chromebook.
Project Gutenberg is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks. You will find the world's great literature here, with focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for enjoyment and education.
Gale & Michigan eLibrary (MeL) Databases
Vicksburg High School library subscribes to Gale Resources and provides two databases for high school students. To access you must sign in with Google using your Vicksburg Community Schools student or teacher account.
- Academic OneFile : Academic OneFile is a premier periodical resource, providing millions of articles from scholarly journals and other authoritative sources with extensive coverage in key subject areas, such as biology, chemistry, criminal justice, economics, environmental science, history, marketing, political science, and psychology.
- Global Issues in Context : Global Issues offers international viewpoints on a broad spectrum of global issues, topics, and current events. Featured are hundreds of continuously updated issue and country portals that bring together a variety of specially selected, relevant sources for analysis of these issues. Rich multimedia - including podcasts, video, and interactive graphs - enhance each portal.
The Michigan electronic Library (MeL) is a service of the Library of Michigan and provides a number of resources to Michigan Residents. Some of the more interesting segments are:
- Britannica School-High Primary sources for quick facts and in-depth information on history, geography, people, places, science, and much more. Biographies, world atlas, countries comparison, articles and interactive resources are available.
Provides different views about issues that help students develop critical thinking skills. This resource brings balance and perspective to contemporary issues using arguments from experts.
- Designed for academic institutions. Comprehensive, multi-disciplinary resource of scholarly research. Coverage on a wide range of topics. Includes peer-reviewed full text resources for STEM research. Social sciences and the humanities also covered.
- Explora for High School Provides hundreds of popular magazines and reference books for high school libraries. Covers subjects such as art, history, sports, and music. Includes thousands of biographies and primary source documents. Also includes photos, maps, and flags. Pulls content from MAS Complete, Consumer Health Complete, Newspaper Source Plus, eBook High School collection, Applied Science & Technology Source, and Vocational Studies Premier.
- Vicksburg High School Library Card Catalog using GoFollett.com - Provides access to the High School Library's card catalog to explore titles. Select Vicksburg High School and surf our catalog.
- CIA World Factbook - Contains profiles for every country in the world.
- Easy Bib - EasyBib is a citation generator for MLA, APA, and other formats.
- FirstGov - Official USA government web portal for U.S. government services and information.
- Google Scholar - Google Scholar is a freely accessible Web search engine that indexes the full text of scholarly literature across an array of publishing.
- Purdue Owl - Resource on how to write a research paper, grammar tips, and MLA, APA formatting links.
- Pros and Cons of Controversial Issues - An organization dedicated to researching issues that are controversial and important. ProCon.org presents the information in a way that is balanced, comprehensive, straightforward, transparent and primarily in a pro-con format.
- Sweet Search - Sweet Search is a search engine that is specifically designed for student use and each web site has been examined by search experts.
- Vicksburg District Library - Local access to a wealth of information.
- Western Michigan University Library - Online library catalog and research resources. Programs, events, and continuing education services.