Board of Education
The Board of Education, which consists of seven members, is the elected policy-making body for the Vicksburg Community Schools District. Their primary responsibility, among others, is to provide the Vicksburg Community with a system of free, public education for students in grades K-12.
Operating under the the authority of Michigan Law the Board is responsible for:
- Acquiring, constructing, maintaining, repairing, renovating, disposing of, or conveying school property, facilities and equipment.
- Hiring and contracting for scheduling, supervision or terminating employees or independent contractors.
- Receiving, accounting for, investing, or expending District money.
Through its role of long-range policy development and other critical functions, the Board not only provides for the basic education of students in a safe environment, they work with administration and staff to offer the most effective education programs and district support services to achieve excellence in education. This provides an opportunity to develop each student's potential, to develop the unique capabilities of all students, and to instill knowledge and skills necessary for each student to be productive and adaptive in our changing world.
The Board of Education holds regular meetings 12 times each year, generally on the second Monday of the month (January and April meetings, 3rd Monday). Unless otherwise noted, all meetings begin at 7 p.m. and are normally held in the Board Room of the Administration Building.
Upon request to the Superintendent, the District shall make reasonable accommodations for a disabled person to be able to participate in meetings scheduled to be held at the Vicksburg Administration Building.
Meeting agendas and minutes
The schedule is as follows:
- July 10, 2017: Administration Building
- July 26, 2017 (7:30 AM): Administration Building-Special Meeting
- August 14, 2017: Administration Building
- September 11, 2017: Administration Building
- October 9, 2017: Sunset Lake Elementary
- November 13, 2017: Tobey Elementary
- December 11, 2017: Administration Building
- January 15, 2018: High School - PAC
- February 12, 2018: Middle School - Library
- March 12, 2018: Indian Lake - Library
- April 16, 2018: High School - PAC
- May 14, 2018: Administration Building
- June 11, 2018: Administration Building
Policies & Guidelines
The Board uses a specialized service designed to provide school districts with a central repository for Policies and Administrative Guidelines. The information, stored in electronic format, can be easily downloaded or printed from any computer.
Policies & Guidelines
The Vicksburg Community Schools Administration, in the Fall of 2015, made changes to the Facility Usage guideline 7510a, which went into effect December 1, 2015. NEOLA (the agency who provides policy management services) will make all updates to guideline 7510a for the District. Changes will be reflected in the online version of the District guidelines by Spring 2016. For details of the changes, call 269-321-1022. The Vicksburg Community Schools Administration, in the Fall of 2015, made changes to the Facility Usage guideline 7510a, which went into effect December 1, 2015. NEOLA (the agency who provides policy management services) will make all updates to guideline 7510a for the District.
Changes will be reflected in the online version of the District guidelines by Spring 2016. For details of the changes, call 269-321-1022.
State and Federal Laws require school districts publish some form of public notice on certain matters. We have combined all required notices into a single document.