Mission & Vision
Vicksburg Community Schools provide education to pre-school through twelfth grade students in three elementary schools, one middle school, and one comprehensive high school. In addition to traditional academic programs, we offer summer school, an alternative education program, and numerous athletic and fine arts opportunities.
The Vicksburg Community Schools is proud to operate in a manner that adheres to our collective Vision, Mission, and Beliefs.
All students will graduate college and career ready.
Maximize the success and potential of each student.
- All students can learn at high levels, regardless of poverty, social status, and/or family circumstances.
- Students learn in different ways and within different time-frames.
- Mistakes are expected, inspected and respected.
- When students don’t learn the way we teach, we will find ways to teach the way they learn.
- Assessments provide feedback that influences teaching and learning.
- Students can and will take responsibility for their learning.
- Students have ownership and vision for their education.