Board of Education
The Board of Education, which consists of seven members, is the elected policy-making body for the Vicksburg Community Schools District. Their primary responsibility, among others, is to provide the Vicksburg Community with a system of free, public education for students in grades K-12.
Operating under the the authority of Michigan Law the Board is responsible for:
- Acquiring, constructing, maintaining, repairing, renovating, disposing of, or conveying school property, facilities and equipment.
- Hiring and contracting for scheduling, supervision or terminating employees or independent contractors.
- Receiving, accounting for, investing, or expending District money.
Through its role of long-range policy development and other critical functions, the Board not only provides for the basic education of students in a safe environment, they work with administration and staff to offer the most effective education programs and district support services to achieve excellence in education. This provides an opportunity to develop each student's potential, to develop the unique capabilities of all students, and to instill knowledge and skills necessary for each student to be productive and adaptive in our changing world.
The Board of Education holds regular meetings 12 times each year, generally on the second Monday of the month (January and April meetings, 3rd Monday). Unless otherwise noted, all meetings begin at 7 p.m. and are normally held in the Board Room of the Administration Building.
Upon request to the Superintendent, the District shall make reasonable accommodations for a disabled person to be able to participate in meetings scheduled to be held at the Vicksburg Administration Building.
Meeting agendas and minutes
The schedule is as follows:
- July 8, 2019: Administration Building
- August 12, 2019: Administration Building
- September 9, 2019: Administration Building
- October 14, 2019: Sunset Lake Elementary
- November 11, 2019: Tobey Elementary
- December 9, 2019: Administration Building
- January 13, 2020: High School - PAC
- February 10, 2020: Middle School
- March 9, 2020: Indian Lake
- April 20, 2020: High School - PAC
- May 11, 2020: Administration Building
- June 8, 2020: Administration Building
Policies & Guidelines
The Board uses a specialized service designed to provide school districts with a central repository for Policies and Administrative Guidelines. The information, stored in electronic format, can be easily downloaded or printed from any computer.
Policies & Guidelines
Emergency Drill Results Current Year
Michigan House Bill 4713 requires school districts to post documentation of completed safety drills.
The emergency drill reports posted on our site cover fire safety drills, tornado safety drills and stage three "lock-down" drills, which simulate an intruder gaining entry into a school building.
To view reports, make a selection from the District buildings listed below:
Emergency Drill Results - Previous Years
Vicksburg High School
Vicksburg Middle School
Indian Lake Elementary
Sunset Lake Elementary